Manager/Senior Manager, Customer Operations – Langhorne, PA
Summary: Responsible for managing all aspects of day to day operations for Virtus Customers and the processes around meeting the needs of the customers.
- Responsible for managing day to day operations for all customer functions.
- Manage the customer relationship including customer service, product availability and allocations, shipping information, and overall Virtus performance to maintain/increase customer satisfaction. Work with the warehouse (3PL) to insure orders are processed on time, accurate and complete. Meet the needs of special shipping requirements. Will be required to learn customer agreements and identify customers/products that have failure to supply and allocate appropriately to minimize the failure to supply penalty. Will need to have knowledge of SAP order processing to offer support during times when the team is out of office. Knowledge of SAP is important for this position.
- Developing relationships and working closely with all departments at Virtus will be important to the success of this position.
- Coordinate the development of the monthly demand plan and review with S&M Leadership Team. Submit approved demand plan to Supply Operations for inclusion in the S&OP process. Attend the monthly S&OP meeting and give input/guidance to the recommendations of the demand plan. Included in this function is the management of short dates and over stocks, looking for opportunities to assist the sales team in selling these products.
- Develop/maintain a robust suspicious order monitoring (SOMs) process to accommodate the ongoing growth of the Virtus product portfolio for control products.
- Lead the function of sales reporting for Sales & Marketing. Provide both direct and indirect sales reporting to the Sales Team, along with monthly reporting of customer sales. Also, assist with the gathering of data for customer appointments and industry meetings.
- Insure proper timing and completion of customer invoicing, both hard copy and EDI. Learn the dashboard for the EDI provider and determine processes to identify sales that have not been invoiced and work to complete the sale as quickly as possible. Knowledge of order to cash is important to this function.
- Lead the dispute resolution process with customers when there are issues with shipments, pricing, etc. Offer support to the Finance Team if there is needed documentation required for larger customer disputes that need to be resolved.
- Occasionally offer guidance/support to the Finance Team on government pricing questions, chargebacks, product returns and strategies in these areas.
- Inside Sales. Assign within the Customer Operations Team approx. 18 customers for the Customer Operations Team to act as the sales representative for these customers.
- Maintain a log of issues or errors reported to Virtus for evaluation to improve processes and correct mistakes in the work that is completed.
- Knowledge of the DCCSA legislation and requirements for pedigree and ASN (advance ship notifications) transmissions. Trouble shoot failed ASN transmissions and determine corrective action to retransmit the ASN.
- Attend customer trade shows or industry conferences as need to gain additional perspective on the industry and offer the S&M Team a current, real time assessment of customer relationships and where we can push for improvements.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced and busy environment
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and strategic thinker with the ability to make recommendations on key business issues and process improvements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong Excel skills preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Finance preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 7 years’ related work experience in the Generic Pharmaceutical Industry
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Forecast, Distribution and Customer Requirements
- Working knowledge of SAP required