Senior Manager, Accounting – Langhorne, PA
Summary: Responsible to manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits. Manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Maintain the general ledger system.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; assisting with regulatory reporting.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP.
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Provide periodic reporting to the banks.
- Provide banks with additional financial analysis as required.
- Assist in process improvement.
- Manage accounts payable function.
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget.
- Hire, train and supervise accounting staff.
- Future migration to more efficient reporting platform
- Other project responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and stay organized.
- Strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical finance.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP, ERP Systems, ADP or compatible payroll system.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel.